In this hands-on workshop you will learn while doing and leave with the knowledge and lighting skills while jump starting your success at the same time. You will be building a foundation of consistently along with the added bonus of improving your base images and thus decreasing the time required in post processing with a higher quality finished product. Not to mention the additions you will leave with for your own portfolio. We are excited to announce NorCal’s own Glamour/Fashion/Beauty model Aleccia, will be in attendance for this workshop. You are assured some once in a lifetime, eye popping shots of this stunning professional model.
Instructing and guiding you through today’s workshop will be Dave Davis and John Schultz.
John’s commercial expertise is with family portraits and wedding photography. John has over 35 years of commercial studio lighting experiences and a beautiful lighting style.
Dave has extensive experience in commercial beauty photography and has been using the Beauty Dish for more then 12 years. He will reveal his secrets and the power of the Beauty Dishes Feathered Light. He will also show you some of his favorite lighting scenarios, like the dynamic two light shot .
Agenda in this event will include:
- Greetings/Introductions. 9:00 am to 9:30 am
- Shooting for consistency. Start out on the right foot with an introduction in balancing your shooting experience for consistent results. This will increase your shooting time and reduce the time required post processing time in Photoshop or other 3rd party products.
- Lighting & Studio Basics. Throughout the day we will be utilizing the two basic lighting standards that are proven, Rembrandt and the Butterfly. We will also show you our own personal tricks and spin-offs. The differences of Continuous Lights and Strobe’s. Placement of lights to make your post processing easy and effective. How to determine the number of lights to use. How to use a flash meter to measure lights. How to set your camera in Manual Mode for studio lighting and radio triggers. How to pose the model for various lighting conditions.
- Photoshoot with the modes.
- Lunch Brake. – Continue Shooting.
- Shooting with the Beauty Dish. Beauty Photographer Dave Davis will lead you through the intricacies of the Alien Bee’s Beauty Dish. Dave has over twelve years of experience shooting high-end Fashion and Beauty work with the Beauty Dish and revile all the tricks of the trade.
- Second Photoshoot with the Models.
- Post Processing for Speed and Accuracy. Using Lightroom 3 and Photoshop Camera Raw within Bridge you will learn the professional secrets you need to spend less time behind the computer and more time in the studio.
* Scheduled for July 10th, 2011 9:am – 4:pm, Location; #20 Marcie, Cir. South San Francisco, CA. 94080.
This Workshop Is Limited To 10 Attendees. We Are Expecting To Sellout! Don’t Miss This Wonderful Opportunity!!
* Discounts for Redwood City Meetup Group*
You will find a discount code posted on my RWC MeetUp, profile; to save 25% at time of checkout!
Model releases for this event are included at the end of the workshop. These voluntary releases are provided and allow you to use the images on-line non-commercially.
Cancellation Policy at this first-come, first-serve event. Don’t get left behind, don’t miss out on a wonderful opportunity.
About the Author
I'm a Northern California Professional Photographer, based just outside San Francisco. I specialize in commercial product advertizing and architectural. I have been working with Bay Area modeling agencies for more then 10 years, shooting portfolio development for models and high-end makeup artists. I am highly creative and always unique. I shoot cutting edge projects, both in the studio and on location.
© Copyright Dave Davis, All Rights Reserved. Dave Davis, Dave Davis Photography, Dr Daves Graphics, is providing information and services on the World Wide Web for educational purposes only. Permission to use, copy and/or distribute documents, text and/or graphics from this World Wide Web server is strictly prohibited under United States of America, Federal Law, without first obtaining written permission. |
Images, Graphics and Articles on this webserver containing the logos, brands, trademarks and/or copyrights of separate inanities, are the sole property to that company or organization and are being used with their written permission, following their explicit guidelines.