Learn creative studio lighting techniques from seasoned professionals.
In this hands-on workshop you will learn while doing and leave with the knowledge and lighting skills while jump starting your success at the same time. You will be building a foundation of consistently along with the added bonus of improving your base images and thus decreasing the time required in post processing with a higher quality finished product. Not to mention the eye popping additions you will leave with for your own portfolio.
We will be featuring the seasoned NASA Photographer, John Schultz as, our guest speaker. John has more than thirty five years experience as a professional photographer and has encountered some of the most difficult lighting scenarios known to man. His technical expertise in lighting is renowned in the world of commercial and portrait photography. John will share his favorite lighting setups and answer your questions before leading you through a live photo session.
Paul works traditionally in fine arts and travel photography professionally. He utilizes both film and digital mediums. Paul’s commercial expertise is with family portraits and wedding photography. Paul has over 20 years of commercial studio lighting experiences and a beautiful lighting style. Today’s workshop is hosted in Paul’s Redwood City, studio.
Dave has extensive experience in commercial beauty photography and has been using the Beauty Dish for more then 12 years. He will reveal his secrets and the power of the Beauty Dishes Feathered Light. He will also show you some of his favorite lighting scenarios, like the dynamic two light shot . Dave will lead you through the morning live shooting session with our gorgeous model.
Agenda in this event will include:
* Greetings/Introductions. – 9:00 am to 9:30 am.
* Shooting for consistency. Start out on the right foot with an introduction to balancing your shooting experience for consistent results. This will increase your shooting time and reduce the time required post processing in Photoshop or other 3rd party products.
* Lighting Basics. Lighting & Studio Basics. Throughout the day we will be utilizing the two basic lighting standards that are proven, Rembrandt and the Butterfly. We will also show you our own personal tricks and spin-offs. The differences of Continuous Lights and Strobe’s. Placement of lights to make your post processing easy and effective. How to determine the number of lights to use. How to use a flash meter to measure lights. How to set your camera in Manual Mode for studio lighting and radio triggers. How to pose the model for various lighting conditions.
* Photoshoot with the modes .
* Lunch Brake – or Continue Shooting
* Shooting with the Beauty Dish. Dave will lead you through the intricacies of the Alien Bee’s Beauty Dish.
* Second Photoshoot with the Models.
* Post Processing for Speed & Accuracy. Using Lightroom 3 and Photoshop Camera Raw within Bridge you will learn the professional secrets required to spend less time behind the computer and more time in the studio.
This is a Hands-on Workshop! We will have two shooting areas, with two gorgeous models at this event. Everybody will have multiple opportunity’s to shoot in several dramatic lighting situations, so charge your batteries. You won’t want to die early today!
Pose each of the models as you wish or let us orchestrate the shot for you. Don’t forget to bring your camera, plenty of film, flash cards and batteries, etc. *Your camera must have a standard Hotshoe or a standard PC sync connector to accommodate connections to our studio equipment.
It’s only in a group event such as this could we make this offer possible or so affordable. To rent the studio, and the lighting equipment, hire the professional Beauty/Glamour Models, Makeup Artists and Hair Stylists would cost you more then $800.00 alone. We will design and guide you with the technical expertise to create eye popping works of art! Plus the knowledge and confidence you will carry forward from this once in a life time event!
* Course materiel includes a special redesigned version of my 3rd book. Shooting with the Beauty Dish on CD-ROM. A limited version of my popular Gray Card for the ultimate in image consistency in any lighting condition.
* Scheduled for June 24th, 2011 From 9:am till 4:30:pm Location; #20 Marcie Cir. South San Francisco, CA 94080.
Book Early, This Popular Workshop Is Expected To Sellout Fast!
* Discounts for Redwood City Meetup Group, if booked before July, 4th*
You will find a discount code posted on my RWC MeetUp, profile; to save 25% at time of checkout!
Model releases for this event are included and available at the end of the workshop. These voluntary releases are provided and allow you to use the images on-line non-commercially. Cancellation policies apply at this first-come, first-serve event. Don’t get left behind, don’t miss out on a wonderful opportunity.
© Copyright Dave Davis, All Rights Reserved. Dave Davis, Dave Davis Photography, Dr Daves Graphics, is providing information and services on the World Wide Web for educational purposes only. Permission to use, copy and/or distribute documents, text and/or graphics from this World Wide Web server is strictly prohibited under United States of America, Federal Law, without first obtaining written permission. |
Images, Graphics and Articles on this webserver containing the logos, brands, trademarks and/or copyrights of separate inanities, are the sole property to that company or organization and are being used with their written permission, following their explicit guidelines.