Shooting High Fashion and High-End Beauty; is our third in the series of seven Summer Workshops for 2011.
In this hands-on workshop you will learn while doing and leave with the knowledge and lighting skills while jump starting your success at the same time. You will be building a foundation of consistently along with the added bonus of improving your base images and thus decreasing the time required in post processing with a higher quality finished product. Not to mention the eye popping additions you will leave with for your own portfolio.
We will be featuring the cosmetic manufacture and Makeup Artist Extraordinaire; Christalbell Saville. Her creative and artistic abilities are known worldwide within the commercial beauty industry. I share a common principle with Christal; in today’s market you need to standout, not blend into the background or you will be left behind. The process is a simple one, but the concept is complex and in order to be effective, requires dedicated team work from leaders within the industry. With my technical expertise in lighting and creative flare coupled with the Artistry of Christal’s hair and makeup expertise will allow you to peak into the exciting world of commercial beauty and fashion. I will share my favorite lighting setups and answer your questions before leading you through a live photo session with our stunning agency fashion, beauty model.
I have extensive experience in commercial beauty photography and have been using the Alien Bee’s Beauty Dish for more then 10 years. I will reveal to you his secrets of the Beauty Dish’s Feathered Light. I will dip into his bag of tricks and show you some of his favorite lighting scenarios, such as the dynamic two light shot and explain the intricacies of using a Beauty Dish with grids. After an informative and easy to understand lecture I will lead you through the afternoon live shooting session with our gorgeous model.
You will be shooting with an agency model and the Bay Areas best Makeup Artists/Hair Stylist, who will be supported by accomplished fashion stylists. All attending will indulged in the basic concepts, and sub-components of commercial high fashion and beauty photography. The basics of one-light, high-key, and advanced lighting configurations. You will walk away with at least three separate fashion and beauty shots to use in your portfolio.
Agenda in this event will include:
- Greetings/Introductions. – 9:00 am to 9:30 am.
- Discussion: Developing your concept. How to select the “Team” Makeup Artists, Hair/Fashion Stylist and Models. Where and how to casting the appropriate teammates for the look you’re trying to achieve. Communicating with the team. How to prepare for a successful shoot. Following through and submitting to magazines.
- Shooting for consistency. Start out on the right foot with an introduction to balancing your shooting experience for consistent results. This will increase your shooting time and reduce the time required post processing in Photoshop or other 3rd party products.
- Meet Cosmetic Manufacture and Makeup Artist; Christalbell Saville.
- Morning, High Fashion Photoshoot.
- Lunch Brake – Continue Shooting
- Shooting with the Beauty Dish. Dave will lead you through the intricacies of the Beauty Dish and the mystical Feathered Light.
- High-End Beauty Photoshoot.
- Final Edgy Fashion Photoshoot.
- Post Processing. Using Lightroom 3 and Photoshop Camera Raw within Bridge you will learn the professional secrets required to spend less time behind the computer and more time in the studio.
- Wrap up Discussion.
This is a Hands-on Workshop!
Each photographer in attendance will have multiple opportunities to shoot with our Agency Fashion, Beauty Model, specifically chosen for this workshop. Pose the model as you wish or religh her to dazzle you with her awesomeness. We will be shooting in two sets that have been specifically designed for this workshop, to achieve three separate “looks”. Don’t forget to bring your camera* plenty of film, flash cards and batteries, etc.
This is not a group shoot so your shooting time will be limited. *Your camera must have a standard Hotshoe or a standard PC sync connector to accommodate connections to our studio equipment.
* Course materiel includes a special redesigned version of my 3rd book. Shooting with the Beauty Dish. A limited version of my popular Gray Card for the ultimate in image consistency in any lighting condition.
* Scheduled for 9:am till 5:pm, August 14th, 2011 Location; 839 Main St. Redwood City, CA.
This Is An Unadvertised Workshop And Expected to Sell Out Fast!
* Because of the costs of beauty products and professional participation in this event we will only offer this unadvertised special price until July 18th. After that I will raise the price to $150 and advertise publicly. It’s only in a group event such as this could we make this offer possible or so affordable. Agency models had been known to pay; Makeup Artists, Hair Stylists and myself as much as $800 for a shoot like this for their own portfolios. We will design and guide you with the technical expertise to create eye popping works of art! Plus the knowledge and confidence you will carry forward from this once in a life time event! Cancellation rules apply at this first-come, first-serve event. Don’t get left behind, don’t miss out on a wonderful opportunity.
About the Author
Welcome to my site! I am an award winning, freelance Commercial Photographer, a Photojournalist and Graphic Artist with over forty years of experience. I like to consider myself more of an artist than anything else. I was first published at the age of 16 and have been published numerous time since in magazines, trade journals, and newspapers. I specialize creatively in architecture, beauty photography, product advertising, sports and modeling portfolio development. Photography is the driving force of my life and the essence of my soul, it’s in my DNA. I look at all things in an artistic way, from the simplicity of a drop of dew on a blade of grass to the complexities of a ballet or opera.
© Copyright Dave Davis, All Rights Reserved. Dave Davis, Dave Davis Photography, Dr Daves Graphics, is providing information and services on the World Wide Web for educational purposes only. Permission to use, copy and/or distribute documents, text and/or graphics from this World Wide Web server is strictly prohibited under United States of America, Federal Law, without first obtaining written permission. |
Images, Graphics and Articles on this webserver containing the logos, brands, trademarks and/or copyrights of separate inanities, are the sole property to that company or organization and are being used with their written permission, following their explicit guidelines.