This Popular Workshop Has SOLD OUT! We are attempting to schedule a second workshop August, 14th in Redwood City, CA. We are awaiting conformation of our Makeup Artist before adding this second day to the agenda.
Shooting High-End Beauty I; is our third in the series of seven Summer Workshops for 2011. In this hands-on workshop you will learn while doing and leave with the knowledge and lighting skills while jump starting your success at the same time. You will be building a foundation of consistently along with the added bonus of improving your base images and thus decreasing the time required in post processing with a higher quality finished product. Not to mention the eye popping additions you will leave with for your own portfolio.
We will be featuring the Makeup Artist Extraordinaire, Christalbell, our guest artist of the day. Christalbell is world renowned for her creative and commercial Beauty. Today you need to standout, not blend into the background. The process is a simple one, but the concept is complex and in order to be effective, requires dedicated team work from leaders within the industry. With my technical expertise in lighting and creative flare coupled with the Artistry of Christalbell’s hair and makeup expertise will allow you to peak into the exciting world of commercial beauty. I will share my favorite lighting setups and answer your questions before leading you through a live photo session with our two stunning models.
I have extensive experience in commercial beauty photography and have been using the Alien Bee’s Beauty Dish for more then 10 years. I will reveal to you his secrets of the Beauty Dish’s Feathered Light. I will dip into his bag of tricks and show you some of his favorite lighting scenarios, such as the dynamic two light shot and explain the intricacies of using a Beauty Dish with grids. After an informative and easy to understand lecture I will lead you through the afternoon live shooting session with our gorgeous model, Aleccia.
Agenda in this event will include:
* Greetings/Introductions. – 9:30 am to 10:00 am.
* Shooting for consistency. Start out on the right foot with an introduction to balancing your shooting experience for consistent results. This will increase your shooting time and reduce the time required post processing in Photoshop or other 3rd party products.
* Lighting Basics. Throughout the day we will be utilizing the two proven basic lighting standards, Rembrandt and the Butterfly.
* Meet Cosmetic Manufacture and Makeup Artist Christalbell Saville.
* Photoshoot with the modes.
* Lunch Brake – Continue Shooting
* Shooting with the Beauty Dish. Dave will lead you through the intricacies of the Alien Bee’s Beauty Dish.
* Second Photoshoot with the Models.
* Post Processing for Speed & Accuracy. Using Lightroom 3 and Photoshop Camera Raw within Bridge you will learn the professional secrets required to spend less time behind the computer and more time in the studio.
This is a Hands-on Workshop!
Each photographer in attendance will have multiple opportunities to shoot one on one with both of our stunning beauty models. Pose each of the models as you wish or let us orchestrate the shot for you. Shoot in two luxurious sets that have been specifically designed for this workshop. Don’t forget to bring your camera* plenty of film, flash cards and batteries, etc.
This is not a group shoot so your shooting time will be limited. *Your camera must have a standard Hotshoe or a standard PC sync connector to accommodate connections to our studio equipment.
It’s only in a group event such as this could we make this offer possible or so affordable. To rent the studio, and the lighting equipment, hire the professional Beauty/Glamour Models, Makeup Artists and Hair Stylists would cost you more then $800.00 alone. We will design and guide you with the technical expertise to create eye popping works of art! Plus the knowledge and confidence you will carry forward from this once in a life time event!
* Course materiel includes a special redesigned version of my 3rd book. Shooting with the Beauty Dish on CD-ROM. A limited version of my popular Gray Card for the ultimate in image consistency in any lighting condition.
Scheduled for August 14th, 2011 Location; #20 Marcie Cir. South San Francisco, CA 94080.
Book Early, This Popular Workshop Is Expected To Sellout Fast!
Model releases for this event are included at no additional charge at the end of the workshop. These voluntary releases are provided and allow you to use the images on-line non-commercially. Full commercial releases may be arranged with the model – Aleccia. Cancellation rules apply at this first-come, first-serve event. Don’t get left behind, don’t miss out on a wonderful opportunity.